Duplex Pipe, Valves, Fittings & Flanges
U. S. Metals diverse inventory offers a full range of Duplex Pipe, Valves, Fittings & Flanges that is prominent in the process industry. Our support of the power & process industry is reflected in the specialty grades of material that we inventory to support outage & maintenance requirements.
Our ability to provide Duplex products on a project basis is one of our strongest capabilities and is unmatched in our industry.
Turnarounds or outages, planned retrofits or emergency situations, grassroots projects worldwide; U.S. Metals has the experienced staff to assist you on all of your specialty alloy requirements, no matter how detailed the specification, no matter how difficult the situation.
New industry requirements, not an issue. We work closely with agencies like EPRI along with our utility and refining clients to be on the cutting edge of new industry requirements that affect your high energy/high temperature piping systems.
Our inventory is evolving to meet the new specifications that prevent current issues as creep cracking and hardness problems.
Trade NameDUPLEXDUPLEX2205 DUPLEXSUPER DUPLEX FERRALIUM 225SUPER DUPLEX 2507SUPER DUPLEX ZERON 100 UNS #S31200S31803S32205S32550S32750S32760 Seamless & Welded Pipe
(without Filler Metal)A/SA790A/SA790A/SA790A/SA790A/SA790A/SA790
(with Filler Metal)A928A928A928A928A928A928
Seamless & Welded General Service Tubing
(without Filler Metal)A/SA789A/SA789A/SA789A/SA789A/SA789A/SA789
Sanitary Tubing-----A270A270-----A270----- Buttweld Fittings*-----A/SA815A/SA815A/SA815A/SA815A/SA815 Forged ValvesA/SA182
Cast Steel Valves-----A890
ACI (A890 and A/SA995)-----CD3MNCD3MNCD4MCuNCE3MNCD3MWCuN Grade (A890 and A/SA995)-----4A4A1B5A6A UNS #-----J92205J92205J93372J93404J93380
* The Following must be included with the ASTM designation and graded for the description to be complete:
WP (S) = Seamless
WP (W) = Welded
WP (WX) = Welded with 100% x-ray
WP (U) = Welded with 100% Ultrasonic examination
CR = Corrosion resistant in acordance with MSS SP-43
- The Duplex ferritic/austenitic alloys are intended for general service in corrosive environments. They exhibit strong resistance to stress corrosion cracking, filling the gap between austenitic stainless and the nickel alloys.
- Duplex grades UNS S31803 and S32205 are the most common grades. The Chemical Process Industry uses them in sulfuric, nitric and phosphoric acid environments.
- Several other industries, including oil and gas production, have uses for Duplex material.
- S31803 and S32205 chemistries are very similar, having the same maximum contents of chrome, nickel, molybdenum and nitrogen. S32205 has higher minimum contents of chrome, molybdenum and nitrogen. Chrome contents are in the twenty one to twenty three per cent range.
- The super Duplex grades listed have chromium contents ranging from twenty four to twenty seven per cent.
- Duplex 2507 and Xeron 100 also have nickel contents increased one and one half per cent over S31803 and S32205.
- Duplex S31200 has chrome and nickel contents in the super Duplex range, but the molybdenum content is significantly less than any of the other five grades.
Refer to ASME B & PV Code Section II for non-identical A/SA requirements.